Naval Ravikant is the founder and chairman of AngelList, an early-stage tech VC and an all-around awesome human being.
We’ve spoken about Naval quite a few times on our podcast. He even has his own podcast covering topics like happiness, wealth, innovation, technology, and much more.
Naval shares some of his “laws” in Tim Ferris’s book- Tools of Titan. Think of it as a set of instructions that build an operating system for living a happy, wealthy, and wise life. These are some of the best-condensed words of wisdom.
- Be present above all else
- Desire is suffering (Buddha)
- Anger is a hot coal that you hold in your hand while waiting to throw it at someone else (Buddhist saying)
- Reading (learning) is the ultimate meta-skill and can’t be traded for anything else
- All the real benefits in life come from compound interest
- Earn with your mind, not with your time
- 99% of all effort is wasted
- Total honesty at all times. It’s almost always possible, to be honest, & positive
- Praise specifically, criticize generally (Warren Buffet)
- Truth is that which has predictive power
- Watch every thought. (Always ask ‘Why am I having this thought)
- All greatness comes from suffering
- Love is given, not received
- Enlightenment is the space between your thoughts
- Mathematics is the language of nature
- Every moment has to be completed in and of itself
More From Naval Ravikant
Naval does regular sessions on Clubhouse, while the room gets occupied fairly quickly but you can find recordings on YouTube. If you like what he has to say, his conversation with Joe Rogan is also pretty awesome!
If you want even more of him, check out this book which is a compilation of his talks and writings in one place. The book is called The Almanack of Naval Ravikant: A Guide to Wealth and Happiness.
This article was initially published by Atit Kothari on his blog.