#57 – Big Tech Earnings
Google (Steady Compounding)
Revenue grew 62% to $62B for Q2 2021
Operating income grew 203% to $19B, a margin of 31%.
What’s more amazing is the numbers Youtube is throwing off.
Youtube with a monster quarter growth of 84% Y/Y to hit a run-rate of $7B.
It now accounts for 11% of Google’s revenue!
And we’re still in the early innings.
Share of US TV Time in June 2021.
Streaming is still only 27%:
2% Prime Video
8% Other small platforms
- Alphabet reported $61.9 billion in total revenue versus $56.1 billion expected by analysts.
- Google’s ad services brought in $57.1 billion, while Cloud revenue grew to $4.6 billion.
Apple Q2 2021 earnings are out:
- iPhone revenue up 65%
- Mac revenue up 70%
- iPad revenue up 78%
- wearable revenue up 24%
- services revenue up 26%
$89.6 billion in revenue overall, up 54%. massive numbers here during a pandemic
Here’s how the company did:
- Earnings: $15.12 vs $12.30 per share, according to analysts surveyed by Refinitiv
- Revenue: $113.08 billion vs $115.2 billion, according to analysts surveyed by Refinitiv
Amazon’s headcount continues to swell. At the end of the third quarter, Amazon employed 1.33 million people worldwide, up 52% year over year
Bezos’ last quarter as CEO.
- Q2 GAAP EPS of $3.61 beats by $0.61.
- Revenue of $29.07B (+55.5% Y/Y) beats by $1.18B.
- DAU of 1.91B vs. 1.91B consensus; MAU of 2.9B vs. 2.90B.
- Operating margin of 43% vs. a consensus of 37.6%.
- Cash and cash equivalents and marketable securities were $64.08 billion as of June 30, 2021.
- Revenue: 104B
- Operating margin: 42.5%
- Net Profit: 39B
Subscribe to Cold Brew Money | About Cold Brew Money | Cold Brew Money All Episodes | Cold Brew Money Rabbit Hole
Contact us: Twitter | Instagram | Email
Information is only for educational and entertainment purposes and should not be relied upon as investment advice.
This episode is sponsored by
· Anchor: The easiest way to make a podcast. https://anchor.fm/app
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/cold-brew-money/message