In this episode, we discuss the US Debt and the Modern Monetary Theory. Please look at this episode as a very basic understanding on the topic and a jumping board to dive deeper into questions like
- How is money created?
- What is the Modern Monetary Theory?
- Why does the US have so much debt?
- Is so much debt for a country good?
- Why can’t the Government print a lot of money?
Modern Monetary Theory: Governments (like the U.S., U.K., Japan, and Canada) do not rely on taxes or borrowing for spending since they can print as much as they need and are the monopoly issuers of the currency. Since their budgets aren’t like regular households, their policies should not be shaped by fears of the rising national debt.
All Streaming Platforms:
Cold Brew Money Links
Information is only for educational and entertainment purposes and should not be relied upon as investment advice.
This episode is sponsored by
· Anchor: The easiest way to make a podcast. https://anchor.fm/app
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/cold-brew-money/message